India is a land of festivals. One of the large celebrating festival is Diwali, the festival of lights. The festival is celebrated by every one to remove darkness and light up their lives. The festival is is a symbole of unity and in every state people celebrates by their own way with different recipe.
- Kaju Barfi: it is an Indian dessert . kaju means cashew nuts and barfi means dessert which is very famous in india. Useuly it in the shape of a diamond and the basic ingredient is milk, sugar and kaju.
- Gujiya: it’s a famous Indian sweet. Made by maida(white flour), coconut, rawa and sugar. The filler for gujiya is different in every state. In some state people used to fill rawa with sugar some used to fill coconut and chese.
- Mathri: it’s a Rajasthani snack. It’s a kind of cookie. It is made from flour, water, and cumin seeds. Generally its serve with tea.
- Chakli : Chakli is a salty snack. It is a spiral shaped snack with a spiked surface. Chakli is typically made from flours of rice, bengal gram and black gram.
- Nankhatai : Nankhatai are shortbread biscuits very popular in north and south india. The word Nankhatai is derived from Persian word Naan meaning bread and Khatai from an Afghan word meaning Biscuit. Its also served with tea.
- Kalajamun: it’s a dessert and very famous not only in diwali we served in every festival. It’s a must have dessert in every state in india.
- Kheer: Kheer is a rice pudding dessert, made by boiling rice, wheat, tapioca, or vermicelli with milk and sugar . it is flavoured with kesar, ilachi and many more items. Every state uses different flavor for kheer.